I. Explanation of the Policy
II. Scope of applicability
Article 1 – General
- Food Associates complies with the “Law of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of personal data”, as amended by the Law of 11 December 1998, as well as the anti-spam provisions of Book XII of the Code of Economic Law concerning the “law of the electronic economy”.
- The controller of your personal data is Food Associates. A statement has been submitted to the Commission for the Protection of Privacy with regard to the processing of your personal data.
Article 2 - Personal data
- Types of personal data you provide us with:Variant 1: without registration: your IP address, surfing behaviour, origin and search terms;
- Variant 2: upon registration: when subscribing to our newsletter or when downloading our e-book: your e-mail address;
- Variant 3: via cookies: your selected preferences;
- Variant 4: the address details provided by you upon placing an order
- Variant 5: the address details provided by you upon placing an order.
- Food Associates may collect information from you (personal data) in various ways:
- During registration and while you use the website.
Article 3 - Processing Objectives
- General objectives:
The company will use the personal data collected from you exclusively for the following purposes:
- Variant 1: to facilitate the maintenance and improvement of this website and the inclusion of personal data in anonymous statistics from which the identity of specific persons or companies cannot be traced, in which the legal basis comprises the legitimate interests of Food Associates in relation to continuously improving its websites and services;
- Variant 3: to send you direct marketing items, newsletters, actions and promotions, in which your explicit, prior consent serves as the legal basis;
- Variant 4: to remember the preferences you have indicated, in which your explicit, prior consent serves as the legal basis;
- Variant 5: to facilitate the delivery and invoicing of products ordered by you, in which the legal basis comprises the provision of a service requested by a data subject.
Although you are not under any obligation to disclose your personal data, please understand that the provision of certain services becomes impossible if you refuse to have your data processed.
- Direct marketing:
The personal data will also be used for direct marketing purposes, provided you have granted your explicit consent (“opt-in”).
If you are already on our mailing list to receive marketing materials in paper and/or electronic form, Food Associates may use your data to send marketing and other materials relating to Food Associates, its products and/or services. Food Associates may use the data you provide to update documents held by Food Associates.
This permission may be withdrawn at any time, without justification and free of charge, e.g. by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided at the bottom of each promotional email message.
- Transfer to third parties:
In the event of a partial or entire reorganisation or a transfer of the activities of Food Associates, in which the company reorganises or ceases its business operations, or if Food Associates is declared bankrupt, your data may be transferred to new entities or third parties through which all or a part of the business activities of Food Associates will subsequently be executed.
Food Associates will attempt, insofar as reasonable, to inform you of the fact that Food Associates will disclose your data to the third parties referred to above, but you will also acknowledge that this may not be technically or commercially feasible under all circumstances.
Food Associates will neither sell, nor rent, distribute or otherwise make commercially available your personal data to third parties, except as described above or subject to your prior consent.
- Legal requirements:
In rare cases Food Associates may disclose your personal data to a third party in response to a court decision or another obligation to comply with laws or regulations. Food Associates will, insofar as reasonable, endeavour to inform you of this in advance, unless this information is subject to a statutory restriction.
Article 4 - Duration
The personal data is retained and processed by us for whatever period is reasonable to achieve the relevant objectives and for the contractual relationship concluded between the company and you.
Article 5 - Your rights
The right to access and consult personal data:
You have the right to consult your personal data at all times, free of charge, and additionally to be informed of our use of your personal data.
- The right to correct, delete and restrict:
You are free to share your personal data with Food Associates, or to refrain from doing so. Additionally, you will always have the right to ask us to correct, complete or delete your personal data. You acknowledge that in the event of a refusal of notification or a request for the deletion of personal data, certain services and products will not be available to you.
You may also ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object:
You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for serious and legitimate reasons.
Additionally, you always have the right to object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes; in such a case, you are not required to justify your decision.
- The right to the free transfer of data:
You have the right to obtain your personal data which is processed by us in a structured, customary and machine-readable form and/or to transfer this to another controller.
- The right to revoke your consent:
You have the right to revoke the consent you granted previously for the processing of your data insofar as the processing of this data is subject to your prior consent.
- Exercising your rights:
You can exercise your rights by contacting us, either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Rozendaalstraat 65, 8900 Ypres, Belgium, provided you enclose a copy of your identity card.
- Automatic decisions and profiling:
The processing of your personal data does not comprise any form of profiling. Neither will we subject you to any automated decisions.
- The right to lodge a complaint:
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Belgian Privacy Commission: Commission for the Protection of Privacy, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, Tel.: +32 (0)2 274 48 00, Fax: +32 (0)2 274 48 35, Email address: email@example.com.
This is without prejudice to a remedy before a civil court.
If you should suffer damage as a result of the processing of your personal data, you can file a claim for compensation.
Article 6 – Security and confidentiality
- We have developed technically and organisationally appropriate security measures to prevent the destruction, loss, forgery and modification of the personal data collected, as well as non-authorised access to this data or its accidental disclosure to third parties, and additionally every other non-authorised processing of this data.
- Food Associates shall never in any way be held liable for any direct or indirect damage arising from any misuse or wrongful use of personal data by a third party.
- You must comply with the security regulations at all times, including the prevention of any unauthorised access to your login details and password. You are therefore solely responsible for the use that is made from your computer’s website, IP address and of your identification details, as well as for their confidentiality.
Article 7 – Access by third parties
- In order to process your personal data, we provide our employees and external employees or partners, if applicable, with access to your personal data.
Article 8 - Statement Privacy Commission
For this processing of personal data, a statement was filed with the Commission for the Protection of Privacy. This Commission can be contacted at all times at the following addresses:
Commission for the Protection of Privacy, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, Tel.: +32 (0)2 274 48 00, Fax: +32 (0)2 274 48 35, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article 9 – Cookies
- What are cookies?
A “cookie” is a tiny file sent by the server of Food Associates and placed on the hard disk of your computer. The information stored on these cookies can only be read by us and our partners for as long as necessary or until you delete them yourself.
- Types of cookies:
Although there are different types of cookies, which can be categorised in terms of functionality, origin or storage period, legislation mainly distinguishes between functional or technically necessary cookies, on the one hand, and all other cookies, on the other.
For cookies placed by third parties, please refer to the statements made by these parties on their respective websites. Please note that we have no influence on the content of these statements, nor on the content of the cookies of the following third parties: WordPress, Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel and Drift.
- Your consent:
Upon your first visit to our website you will be asked if you accept the use of various types of cookies.
You can refuse the installation of these cookies upon your first use of the website by selecting “Reject cookies” in the pop-up window provided for this purpose.
You can also reject or block cookies by changing the configuration parameters of your navigation system. Disabling cookies may result in an inability to use certain features of the website.
If you have any further questions or comments regarding the processing of your personal data, please feel free to contact us, either by email to email@example.com or by post to Food Associates, or by using the “Contact” section on the website.
More information about cookies can also be found at www.allaboutcookies.org
More information about online behavioural advertising and online privacy can be found here: www.youronlinechoices.eu